Articles and information current as of
April 24, 2019.
Golden Spike 150th Sesquicentennial Celebration Events and Articles
- 150th Anniversary Celebration of the Transcontinental Railroad
- 150 Years of Freemasons in Truckee
- 150 Years of Railroad Snow Removal
- A City within a City - Truckee's Chinatown
- Auto Travel to Donner Lake on the Lincoln Highway
- Boca Brewery
- Donnerwood - The History of Early Filming in Truckee
- First Bicycle Over the Summit and Across the Country
- First Motorized Crossing of the U.S.
- Lake Tahoe Railway and Transportation Co.
- Logging Railroad
- Meaning of the Railroad Part I | Part II, p. 5 | Part III, p. 6
- Other Uses for Snowsheds
- Snowsheds - Protection of Not Just Trains Over the Summit
- The Chinese Transcontinental Railroad
- The First Automobile Over the Sierras
- The Ladies of Truckee's Jibboom Street
- Theodore Judah - Engineering Visionary for the Railroad
- Transcontinental Train Travel - Riding the Railroad
- Truckee's Ice Industry (with sources)
- Truckee's Notorious Beginnings
- Truckee's Slammer - The Town's Jail, 1875 - 1964
- Tunnel 6 - The Great Bore Over the Sierras
- Winter Fun
SAVE THE DATE
Donner Party Hikes
Saturday and Sunday, September 14 and 15, 2019.
To register, please
visit the website.